- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet cut side down. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Separate the strands of squash with a fork and place in a medium bowl; discard shells. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the squash if watery.
- Maintain the oven temperature.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring continually 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add milk and chicken broth and continue whisking, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil and becomes smooth and thick, about 2 minutes stirring; season with salt and pepper.
- Once it becomes thick, remove from heat, add cheddar cheese and mix well until cheese is melted.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked spaghetti squash and baby spinach, pour into a baking dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 7 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 165
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 278.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 10g