- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking the meat up with spoon as it cooks as small as you can, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and marinara and cook 6 minutes on medium heat, stirring until the cauliflower is tender and heated through.
- Remove from heat and add the mozzarella cheese to the skillet and stir well to mix. Let it cool 3 to 4 minutes, until it’s easy to handle.
- Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray and fill with cauliflower mixture, leveling the top. Use a small spoon to scoop out into your palm and roll into a ball. Set aside on a dish.
- Repeat with the remaining cauliflower, you should have 6 balls.
- Place the egg in one bowl and the breadcrumbs in another.
- Add the parmesan to the crumbs and mix.
- Dip the ball in the egg, then in the crumbs and transfer to a baking sheet. Spray the top with cooking spray.
- If baking in the oven, bake 425F 25 minutes, until golden. If making in the air fryer, bake 400F for 9 minutes turning halfway until golden.
- Serve with marinara sauce, for dipping.
*half of the crumbs get tossed, the n.i. and smart points accounts for that.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 3 balls
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +:
- Calories: 257 calories
- Total Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 95.5mg
- Sodium: 644mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 21.5g