- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat and saute the garlic until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley and stir. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the basil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Gently drop in the eggs keeping the yolks in tact, top with 2 tbsp of the Parmigiano Reggiano and 1 tbsp of the Pecorino Romano.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low 10 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs whites are cooked through and no longer runny.
- Finish with the remainder of the cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with crusty bread (optional)
Yield: 3 servings, Serving Size: 2 eggs plus sauce
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 2
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 266 calories
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 380mg
- Sodium: 804mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 19g