- ½ (16-oz.) package pasta (I used Gemelli)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10-oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles (spicy)
- 1 (8-oz.) package Velveeta pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10¾-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup crushed Dorito chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in Rotel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese. Cook, stirring continuously until cheese melts.
- Mix in chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ancho chili powder, and cumin.
- Add pasta and half of both cheddar cheese and Monterey cheese.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch cast iron pan or 11X7-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and crushed Doritos.
- Bake until bubbly, for 25 to 30 minutes.