1. Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
2. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and stir to combine.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and press it evenly into the bottom and halfway up the sides.Transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
4. In a large bowl. add the cream cheese, sugar, and milk. With a hand mixer, beat until fluffy and fully incorporated.
5. Add in the sour cream, flour, 2 teaspoons of the vanilla extract, and the two eggs and gently continue to mix until the cream cheese filling is smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the springform pan with the graham cracker crust and bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake no longer jiggles.
7. While the cheesecake is cooking, prepare the stove-top pecan pie filling.
8. In a bowl combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt, stir together and pour into a medium saucepan on low heat.
9. Pour in the egg yolks, maple syrup, and warm cream and whisk until smooth.
10. Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens like a pudding, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
11. Stir in the cold butter and the final teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk until fully emulsified. The pudding-like mixture should be around room temperature.
12. Fold in the roasted, chopped pecans and then pour the mixture over the cooked cheesecake and spread it out as an even layer.
13. If you like, sprinkle with extra chopped pecans or garnish with whole pecans.
14. Let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator until completely set.
15. Slice and serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!