- Serves 8 – 10
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick spray. Use a paper towel to make sure spray gets into every corner of the pan and dust with cocoa powder. Turn bundt pan over and shake off any excess cocoa powder.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Add in canola oil, buttermilk, vanilla. Mix on medium speed just until it starts to come together. Mix in eggs one at a time. Slowly pour in boiling water. Mix for 2 more minutes. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips onto cake. Gently mix the chocolate chips in with a spoon. Bake in preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
- Allow cake to cool 10 minutes.
- Turn cake pan over onto cooling rack and carefully lift pan to remove cake. Cool cake completely. Carefully, transfer to a serving platter.
- Make the ganache by heating heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Whisk in chocolate chips just until chocolate chips are melted. Allow to set for 2 minutes. Continue whisking until mixture is shiny and smooth.
- Drizzle ganache over the cake. Allow to harden, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Remove 1 hour before serving.