An easy and filing vegetarian curry dish, featuring lentils and sweet potato.
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup dried red lentils (<–I used green lentils, which also worked!)
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, sliced lengthwise and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3½ cups vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion until it’s turning a little golden. Add the lentils, potato, carrot, and spices/seasonings, and stir to combine everything.
- Add the water or broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the lentils and sweet potato are tender. Stir in the ½ cup of coconut milk. Serve.
- Curry will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge. Leftovers can be frozen.