For the guacamole:
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and mash with a pastry cutter, potato masher, or fork until the mixture is blended and no longer chunky.
- Taste and add additional lime juice and/or salt, if necessary.
To prepare the veggies:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the bell peppers and onion, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and a few dashes of salt. Toss to combine, cover the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are easily pierced by a fork, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking, stirring often, until the vegetables are lightly charred on the edges, about 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the garlic, toss well, and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drizzle in the lime juice. Toss, season to taste with additional salt, and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, to prepare the fajitas:
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm each tortilla on both sides until heated through. Stack the warmed tortillas on a plate as they are done and cover them with a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet, spray with oil over medium-low heat.
- Carefully crack an egg and pour it into the skillet without breaking the yolk. Cook covered until the whites set, about 2 minutes, or longer to taste.
- Transfer the egg to a plate and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- To assemble the breakfast fajitas, spread the guacamole on each tortilla, top each with an egg, followed by some veggies. Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro, and freshly ground pepper. Serve with hot sauce and/or salsa on the side.
Yield: 6 fajitas, Serving Size: 1 fajita
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 227 calories
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Sodium: 142mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.5g